Jubilee Community Care is fully supportive of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety in Australia, announced by the Prime Minister in September. We all want a safe, high quality and high performing aged care system.
While the vast majority of Australia’s aged care services and their dedicated staff deliver good quality care, there have been examples of unacceptable failures that must be prevented from happening in the future. To this end, the Royal Commission aims to examine issues and examples of what is not working – where the aged care system has failed, and; explore what needs to change in order to meet the changing needs and expectations of the growing numbers of older Australians.
Along with all aged care providers across the country, Jubilee has responded to a request from the Royal Commission for information. In this I have outlined how:
• We recruit, induct and train wonderful and dedicated staff and then provide education programs aligned to the needs of clients using our service.
• We measure our service model through client satisfaction surveys and feedback. In a recent survey we averaged 97 per cent client satisfaction across the following categories; providing choice of services, consistency/punctuality/quality of support workers, and treating clients with dignity and respect.
I commented further that:
• Jubilee’s Stay Standing Falls Prevention Program Team were a finalist in the Excellence in Care Awards at the Leading Aged Care Services Qld State Conference in 2016. And, this year our Client Support Coordination Team is a finalist in the Team Category Award.
• In 2018, Jubilee Community Care achieved certification for our Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 and we have successfully met Government compliance assessments of our service as recently as 2017.
I am truly proud and honoured to work amongst the high calibre staff employed at Jubilee Community Care.
The Royal Commission is aiming to deliver an interim report in October 2019 and a final report in April 2020. You can also find out more and follow the progress of the Royal Commission via its website at agedcare.royalcommission.gov.au
– Jubilee Community Care director Shaun Riley