Learn falls prevention strategies with Jubilee. “One out of five falls causes serious injury such as broken bones or a head injury and the risk increases as we get older,” states, Client Support Coordinator, Sandy Kelly. “Stay Standing is Australia’s first nationally quality accredited falls prevention program.” Stay Standing is an 8 week course designed to empower older people to continue living at home and focuses on strategies from medical professionals alongside a program of exercises.
The program is over 8 weeks and is held 4 times a year with the following focus:
- Week 1: Assessment with Monique or Tim & home program of exercises to prevent falls
- Week 2: Falls contingency planning, SMART goals & managing chronic pain
- Week 3: Managing continence with a Nurse & healthy bones with a Dietitian
- Week 4: Safety at home with an Occupational Therapist and Vision with an Optometrist
- Week 5: Footwear to stay safe and comfortable on your feet with a Podiatrist & Safety away from home with the Queensland Police Service
- Week 6: Managing medication & sleep with a Pharmacist
- Week 7: 1st Aid with Queensland Ambulance Service including recognising common senior emergencies
- Week 8: Exercise review & outcomes with Tim or Monique & Celebration.
Over 120 seniors have successfully completed the course with Jubilee since 2013 and the next one starts on May 12 in Indooroopilly.
Call Sandy on 07 3871 3220 to book today.Posted by